• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

time consuming work !!

texas-5-ton

As of today, the 813 still has no paint on it. Actually, we had a man come out and take all of the wheels off so that we could prepare the under carriage for paint. So as it stands (or sits) on six large jack stands, we are going to try and shoot it tomarrow, weather permitting. Seems like everytime we think that we are ready to paint, we notice some little thing that we missed. Everything is masked off and ready. Hopefully we are thru with finding the little things that are holding us up. Here is a picture of a neighboring departments 5 ton. Ours will (hopefully) look identical with the exception of a black underframe and hubs, as well as black railing on the bed. Pics will be posted as progress is made. Hopefully it will be in my lifetime..

Chad

ida34

I wonder how much time it would take to strip off the read and while and carc it up. aua At least it is getting saved instead of scrapped. All kidding aside, the one you abover looks very nice.

texas-5-ton

Fire truck update

Here's the pics as promised. We're getting there, slowly but surely. Still have a long way to go. Got the wheels painted as well as the underframe. He did a great job of getting the dings out of the hood and replacing some panels of cab rot around the bottom of the doors. Hopefully, we will be painting the rest of the truck fairly soon. Weather has been kinda uncooperative . . .

Chad

Attachments

devilman96

RE: Fire truck update

If I donate 5 gallons of OD to the project will it save it???? LOL

Great work... regardless of the color coming its nice to see things done right!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Fire truck update

As long as those cab supports don't get cut off for the donut eaters you cant go wrong painting it red. May God bless Texas and your fire company.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks