• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Time is of the essence..I need the Vin location on a m-211

OMP1973

OK, so I found 2 m-211 1 with winch and one that looks to be a parts truck (or not). The dilema is the city that got them doesnt know if they have titles or not. I contacted the DMV and they show a listing for 2 50's era truck to that town. Before I drop the cash to buy them I need to verify that the wins match the one on record with the DMV. I went and dug around and couldnt find any traditional vins stampings.

Can you guys lend a hand?

Matt

(One truck has a wincha nd a water tank with a fibergalss top, new engine, one flat tire) (the other truck has holes in the plywood roof, not sure if it will ever be a runner but is complete otherwise)

redthegreendog

With the age of the trucks the city should be able to wright you a salvage title. All the military trucks that I have bought from privet owners have provided hand written bill of sale. Here in GA any vehicle over 20 years old do not require title just bill of sale. I would call the tag office to see what the requirements for antique vehicles. With my M211 the tag office just wanted to inspect it before I could get a tag.

OMP1973

Thanks! The pic helps alot. Now a 40 min drive out to the boondock. And then a phone call or eight to the DMV. The truck with the tank has a new engine. I just hope the trans is ok still.

If this pans out I will have extra parts up the ying yang. I will post pics tonight of the trucks if you guys want to see them.

Matt

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, we want to see the pics. The trucks could also be titled using the "motor number" as the VIN. That seems to be something that was done prior to the 1970's. The motor number is on a data plate on the engine, and both halves of the bellhousing. 302XXXXXXX.

OMP1973

Here is a pic of the good truck.. My son fixing his hair... Sounds like I can get the paie for a good price. Big town with a population of 305...

Attachments

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really like the color! :beer: ...And the Civil Defense sticker!
Would like to see MANY more pictures, especially of that nifty fiberglass top!

OMP1973

Sadness.... I dumped some fuel in it and it cransk but wont start. Though about some ether but dont know how that will work with the oil bath. Took some pictures of the parts truck too. No title for it. And a pic of the winch on the good truck. It looks like I am going to have to find a trailer and haul them both home. I have no brake pedal pressure so it looks like it has leaks.

Attachments

Last edited:

OMP1973

Mu ha ha ha. I found the missing family member 2 miles down the road, real rough the bed is gone, the tranny is gone and it looks abandoned! Now to find out who owns it. Did I mention it has the same spiffy fiberglass top ! (still intact). rumor has it a guy bought it and was cutting it up for scrap and lost interest. His intent was to use the drivetrain for a monster truck.

Matt

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your "parts truck" looks good too. Check your points for corrosion, this will keep the engine from firing on a truck that has set up. On the brakes, top off the master cylinder and if you are super lucky, the brakes will start to work. Skip the mess down the road. You won't need it.

OMP1973

I just hate to see the 3rd truck get wasted. If he is looking for scrap I would rather he come get a few field blossoms from my pasture than watch some goon smash that fiberglass top.

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks