• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Time lapse video of my latest bobbed deuce build

Coondawg

I posted this yesterday in a thread on another forum here on Steel Soldiers. I got to thinking that it might be more useful on this modification thread. This is a time lapse video I made of my latest bobbed deuce project, that I did mostly by my self. I thought it might be more searchable, and also more useful in this forum. I know there are multiple ways to do the various tasks associated with this process, but this video shows a pretty good overview of the process I've used a couple of times. For people contemplating doing this for the first time, hopefully this video will be useful. For the rest, hopefully it will just be cool to watch.

My build included the truck, M105 trailer, deuce front springs for the rear, MRAP wheels and Adapters, and 395 tires. I swapped the fenders because the originals were in rough shape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQsAczqXr4Y

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's pretty cool. Imagine if you had a stack of all the same colored shirts when you were filming

AZK9

Nice vid! [thumbzup]

While watching it all, I just could not stop 'dreaming' about how nice it would be to have an
awesome shop setup like that for me and my deuce! :drool:

Section8

Very cool!
Especially since I don't think I ever saw a tape measure fly around once. I might be anal but I would to make sure everything was lined up 100 percent. Even a 1/4 inch out of alignment could cause big problems.
Aside from that it's to bad you don't have a more slowed down version with guidance on how you did each step.
Kinda like a "Gears" segment but all about your bobbed deuce.
If you made one I would buy it in a heart beat!

Coondawg

Very cool!
Especially since I don't think I ever saw a tape measure fly around once. I might be anal but I would to make sure everything was lined up 100 percent. Even a 1/4 inch out of alignment could cause big problems.
Aside from that it's to bad you don't have a more slowed down version with guidance on how you did each step.
Kinda like a "Gears" segment but all about your bobbed deuce.
If you made one I would buy it in a heart beat!
thanks Sction8. The old tape measure was used often, the images were to spread out to show it. The camera was taking a picture every 5 seconds, and sometimes every 10 seconds.

The mor detailed video is a good idea, I didn't think of doing that.

Pasaway

wow, loved it, added it to one of my favorites on youtube.

I'd have to agree, I need a shop like that, or just land like that. This city living is for the rats.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks