• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Time to let go??

browndog

20160826_124525.jpg20160826_124536.jpg20160826_124548.jpg20160826_124606.jpg20160826_124511.jpg
I have two CUCVs. One is an '84, the other is an '85. Neither one is running right now, bought them as a project, but don't really have the know how or the time. I just wanted some feedback as to their value. I have the title to the '84, it has the 1 1/4 ton axles, the '85 I do not have a title for and it has the 3/4 ton axles. I have learned a lot from this forum, and I really value any input you have into my decision. Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:

richingalveston

I am seeing a 14 bolt rear but the front on that one does not look like D60. Hubs are not right unless you got some crazy spacers.

The parts truck I would take first 500 or take to scrapper which is probably the same $500. You would be best to sell as pair.

The axles are worth 2k making the other truck worth $2500.
If you knew what was wrong with them, you might be able to talk the value up.

Rich

thepenguin99

On the parts truck. I would part it out if you have the time to deal with it. Looks like the front bumper & guard are in good shape. The wide 6 lug steelies will sell to someone for an older C10. Military blazers are pretty much the only place to get them so they are kinda hard to find. 4 core radiator with mounting brackets would sell easily.

On the "good" blazer you really need to confirm that is a D60 front and it has a locker in the back. If it does have the good axles it is probably also a better parts vehicle than selling outright just because convincing someone to give you more than the axles are worth for the whole truck will be tough. As an example, I have a running but very rough m1008. I kinda doubt I could sell it for over 2k even though the axles are worth almost that much.

Last edited:

tsmall07

Almost definitely not a dana 60 on the front of that one. Interesting that it does have the 14 bolt. My understanding was that none of the blazers came with the upgraded axles, but I've been wrong before.

I just want that old Massey Ferguson tractor.

browndog

Thanks for the input!! I will try and get some more pics up today. @tsmall07, I talked to a buddy in the local chevy dealer service department and was told that some of the blazers did come with the upgraded axles, as he has serviced them in the past...and the Massey, it was my Dad's, pulls a 2 bottom plow like nobody's business!!!

fitz

The blazers never came with a 14 bolt rear axle. If I was a betting man, my money says someone probably bolted in a 14 bolt from a 3/4 ton truck. A 3/4 ton 14 bolt doesn't require you to change spring perches or swapping spring hangers like a 1 ton axle does.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks