• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Time to turn off the A/C in the deuce for the winter!

bomar76

OK, it sleeted on us Monday, so we decidwed it was time to turn the Air Conditioning off in the deuce by sealing the 10,000 leaks in cab.

The windshields have an open spot at the top corners where the seals don't meet, and I really don't want to replace them untill we repaint next spring, plus there are a few leaks elsewhere around the frames when it rains that are a PITA, so BajaPower and I bought a tube of Red Devil removeable clear weatherstripping to caulk the inside. Pic of product below.

Great stuff, really viscous, clear as water, skins over instantly, and best of all, next spring it just pulls right off. We way overpaid for it from our local small town hardware store @ $4.99 a tube....one tube did it all easily.

Also filled some of the empty bolt holes in the firewall with it, and made filler plates to cover that humongous gap around the sterring wheel shaft and sealed arond that. I tried to buy the correct gasket from Memphis but there were out of stock for them.....our home made fillers actually work better anyway.

Now to buy some new seals for the door windows, adjust the doors, and we will be ready for winter!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks