• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tiny House On A Steel Soldier…………….Expedition Notes.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After getting four hours of sleep I wake up to find out that my son has also been admitted to hospital in ICU in critical condition. He having the same asthma issue but worse than Alayah. So now we have two on the same floor, it's going to be a tough week.��

Man, that's terrible! So much for a "nap".................prayers offered for your son also!! Please keep us updated!! God can and does do AMAZING stuff!!

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shellfish allergy? You mentioned free crab. Seems odd for two flare ups in an otherwise "clean" environment. Suspect something in the local air/pollen, sounds odd.

Your family is in my thoughts.

Bulldogger

SGT LongT

Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Your setup and adventure ate exactly what I would like to do one day. God speed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Always tears me up, seeing a "munchkin" in the hospital!! Hope that they get it figured out soon and that they both have a speedy and complete recovery!!

Thanks for your support.

Sorry I haven’t given a update we were overwhelmed with the two kids in the hospital and our 5 yr old being in critical condition for two of the days. We are happy to report that both kids are doing remarkable better and have been discharged from the hospital. We are going to be staying on hospital grounds until the 5th with some more visits to the doctors to see if the kids have completely healed. Both children caught a local virus that triggered their asthma which became quite serious very quickly, the virus had been circulating around Eugene, Oregon. The hospital did a courageous job trying to stabilize Brailen who was in the worse condition, working around the clock two days straight with the lead doctor spending the night on the floor with him. I can say that their quick decisions, and the fact that they reached out to doctors in Portland more then likely saved his life. They went as far as bringing a robot style communication device so a pediatric ICU doctor from Portland(sitting at his home computer) could navigate Brailen’s room checking on him giving the local doctors advise. This hard work by the staff prevented Brailen from being LifeFlighted to a pediatric ICU in Portland, which would have caused us a gut wrenching decision between two kids in two different hospitals while having a broken truck in Eugene. Having problems on the road with the truck is tough, but having kids in a hospital a great distance from your home base and our local doctors was stressful. The hospital understood our goals with our expedition and did what they could to accommodate our broken truck with electricity, which helped us to focus on our kids recovery.

Attachments

Last edited:

oboyjohn

It`s always heart wrenching when your kids are in the hospital and there is nothing you can do but put your trust the doctors and nurses. Glad to hear that they are doing better and cudos to the hospital for accommodating you with power for your truck.

Any update? How are the kids?
Thanks
Redlight
We are getting back on our feet. Alisa my wife caught what the kids had but it never became bad enough to need hospitalization. Without medical care it’s taken a month for her to resolve the illness completely. Kids are100% back, and ready to go. I’ve been keeping busy fixing multiple issues on the truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to hear things are getting better. I'm hooked! Keep us posted on your travels. May be a while before you reach VA. :)

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are currently in Woodburn, Oregon working on many slow going projects to help the truck and us survive the winter. I have many updates coming but have been so busy as of late with weather issues I have had to prioritize the truck first. Your more then welcome to enjoy updated pictures on our www.instagram.com/TinyHouseOnASteelSoldier if you can’t wait. Thanks
Your insta... albums are wonderful. Looks like an amazing time. You have accomplished what most are dreaming about every time we look at our trucks.

Thanks that means a lot. We are having a lot of fun. We are not use to Oregon rain, the living quarters have been sweeting moisture so we have been chasing the aftermath. Being a Hummer off-road guide in Durango, CO and spending most of my play time in Moab, Ut. Oregon weather has humbled us. Feel free to checkout my home trails vs Oregon. www.instagram.com/bellrosebrandon

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks that means a lot. We are having a lot of fun. We are not use to Oregon rain, the living quarters have been sweeting moisture so we have been chasing the aftermath. Being a Hummer off-road guide in Durango, CO and spending most of my play time in Moab, Ut. Oregon weather has humbled us. Feel free to checkout my home trails vs Oregon. www.instagram.com/bellrosebrandon
Cool thread!

My daughter was diagnosed with CF while I was building our house. I did a lot of research on creating as healthy air environment as possible.
One thing I came across and designed into out house was an air exchanger, not sure how they handle high humidity problems and/or small spaces, but might be worth looking into. I know there are a bunch of different sizes but don’t know of RV applications though?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks