• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tiny Tach is in!

scrambled

I have had a diesel Tiny Tach for months now and finally got tired of looking at the package on my dresser. 30 minutes later it is installed! I hooked it up to the #1 fuel line and it is reading 650 rpms at idle. It reads 950 at high idle. I can't wait to hit the highway this afternoon to see what 55 looks like.

Attachments

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SWEEET!!

I've always wanted a tach that I could mount that would not intrude into the cab and draw attention to that.

THAT DIESEL TINY TACH will be just the ticket.

thank you very much...

scrambled

Just got back from a grocery run and took the highway to show the world how fast an M1008 goes.

Stock trans,transfer,gears with 37 goodyear MT tires:

60 mph (tomtom) 60 Speedo 2700 RPMs and singing like a sewing machine

Speeds under 45 by the gps were off on the speedo.
35 gps was 37 speedo
20 gps was 25 speedo

at about 55 it started to mesh the speedo and the tomtom.

With 235 tires, exactly how slow did the truck go when going 55 on the speedo? It explains why everyone on the highway was honking at me...

cessnatwin

Ok wow, you are getting to what I have been looking for to put in my gama goat, which has a 3 cyl diesel. Can you tell us a little about this tiny tach, how many cylinders, model #'s ect.. I think you have a good number of us paying attention!

dstang97

Just got back from a grocery run and took the highway to show the world how fast an M1008 goes.

Stock trans,transfer,gears with 37 goodyear MT tires:

60 mph (tomtom) 60 Speedo 2700 RPMs and singing like a sewing machine

Speeds under 45 by the gps were off on the speedo.
35 gps was 37 speedo
20 gps was 25 speedo

at about 55 it started to mesh the speedo and the tomtom.

With 235 tires, exactly how slow did the truck go when going 55 on the speedo? It explains why everyone on the highway was honking at me...
wow 2700 @60
can you report back @65 and 70 mph

cucv1833

nice. i was researching that earlier. i will get one soon and probaly mount it in the same place i have other gauges in that area. i really dont need it but will get it anyway once i fix a few other problems.

scrambled

You should be able to install this tach on any number of cylinders, as it reads the pulses going to the injector. The diesel has to have either 1/4 or 6mm fuel lines.

I don't think I want to go 65 or 70 to check the rpms. It would be in the neighborhood of 3 grand and I only want to hit that when I am planning on throwing the bottom end out on the ground.

Tanner

You should be able to install this tach on any number of cylinders, as it reads the pulses going to the injector. The diesel has to have either 1/4 or 6mm fuel lines.

I don't think I want to go 65 or 70 to check the rpms. It would be in the neighborhood of 3 grand and I only want to hit that when I am planning on throwing the bottom end out on the ground.
Unless the engine is in rough mechanical shape or on it's last legs, it should see a redline of 3600rpm... but after about 2400-2500rpm, you're losing power & wasting fuel. IIRC, max torque occurs in 1800-2200rpm range on a 6.2 -

'Tanner'