• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tip about water pumps in A2's

cryptofile

So... late Sept, my EUC cleared, got the green light and picked up my very own M1123 last week. Met an Army mechanic who observed that it's common for the troops in hot places to unplug the fan thermostats. That would make the fan run non-stop on high to minimize overheating worries.

Fast forward a few days, on the way back home, my water pump went out. The water pump is in line with the cooling fan, so thought I'd pass this along that if this is true, some of the recently listed GovPlanet HMMWV's are going to want to replace their water pumps.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
I understand you got it to drive it. If that's all that needs replacing U got a good deal ??

More that just a pump IMO. While your in there and have it all apart (cooling stack out) one could / should.... check, inspect, clean, flush, upgrade, rebuild, replace the parts & pieces coming off & back on the best you can. It's a bit scary the first time. Will seem like half the truck is all over the back yard, next to the hood.

Post a couple of picture of the" NEW RIG" for the guy's that don't like to read the TM's & for your scrap book too.

Always like a HumV center fold, CAMO.

fpchief

Just went down this road. Ended up replacing water pump, both idler pulleys, had radiator pressure tested, changed trans fluid since system was open, replaced PS pump (had play in shaft, thermostat, and a brand new belt. Great time to have that alternator spun on a bench and make sure the bearings are good too. Had my bearings replaced in a 200a for $80. Water pump and PS pump came from meltons....

cryptofile

Someone here asked, so two pictures, first mid-way into getting the water pump replaced and secondly after putting the hard top on it.

hmmwv-openedup.jpeghmmwv-in-driveway.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks