• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire Air Loss After CTIS Delete?

Bowmanvolfire

Hello Forum:

Yesterday we used the CTIS Delete Kit from Those Military Guys as suggested by folks on this Forum. What a great, easy product to use. We finished the day by inflating all the tires on our M900 series 5 ton to 80 PSI. When I checked on the truck this afternoon the front and rearmost tires were holding steady. However, the set behind the cab were not doing so well. The driver side was at 45 PSI and the passenger side was at 25 PSI.

This truck has not been off road for fire service as of yet, so, we do not think it is a foreign object in the tire itself. What does the Forum think? Stem problem?

Thanks for the help.

John
Chief, BCVFD

zout

Stems rubber grommets or O rings.
I filled to spec all my tires with MULTI SEAL and all have held pressure since with no issues. If you get a puncture it also seals with Kevlar. If you look at their site and look at the video being struck with a 1/4 pick and sealing within less than a half revolution and loosing less than .5 pound of air - it works. its been in my tires for two years. Did I mention the testing was done with Military Vehicles running over all kinds of chit.

MtnSnow

Leaks at the Turret Valve (aka the valve stem assembly in the wheel) and or a leaking wheel O-ring. In either case the tire/wheel will need to be broken down to repair.

Bowmanvolfire

Thanks for everyone's quick replies. Please forgive my tire ignorance, but, would a fully equipped tire shop be able to handle a complete tire breakdown as suggested?

Thanks again.

John
BCVFD

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes a good truck tire shop should be able to repair your tires if you are not up to doing it. It is a big job.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Please forgive my tire ignorance, but, would a fully equipped tire shop be able to handle a complete tire breakdown as suggested?
Look for a place that does log skidder and ag tires in addition to big truck tires.

My guy always has the right size O-rings to fix the super singles.

Artisan

A simple way to find some leaks is to just put
liquid dish soap in a squirter bottle, mix in plain
water and squirt stuff!

INCLUDING the Schrader valve / valve stem
inside and outside and squirt the rim centers too
and look for the obvious, a nail or?

TruAg

As the TM says, check the simple stuff first. Go with Artisan's idea first, then Zout's. If Artisan's soapy water doesn't find leaky valve/area, then Zout's should stop the leaks. If those don't work, then break them down, but my guess is you won't have to.

dawico

Soapy water works well, but there is a lot of tire to cover. I tried it on one of mine and had no luck. It usually works very well.

I ended up using a tarp and making a pool around the tire. Found out it was in the valve stem area. Quick turn of a wrench and it was done.

I do have one leaking between the rim halves but I let my CTIS take care of it.

Bowmanvolfire

Hello All:

Thanks for the replies. After a few trips by the tire shop folks all four rear tires needed their O rings replaced. And one tire had a nail in it as well. Hopefully this takes care of the issues altogether.

Thanks again for everyone's help on this.

John
BCVFD

Bowmanvolfire

Datadawg: Sorry, not a clue. Tire shop guys said they had to break the tires completely down to fix them. We had to let them borrow a spare to use as "teaching aide" for them to get familiar. I guess sitting at Fort Polk under the pines for an extended period of time did these tires no favors.

John
BCVFD

Greenwood1

I am about to do the brake down one of my tires. Does anyone know what the diameter of the valve stem hole is in the rim.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks