• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire and Wheel for a Bobbed Deuce

BruceB

My new-to-me bobbed deuce will be arriving soon.

I've now read over 100 pages of" the Deuce " forum, and am currently making my way through posts from 2005. Some concerns are arising, which is exactly WHY I'm reading the valuable old threads.

My truck has Michelin 1400-20 tires, and no spare. "Dollarman" has the tires with "75-100% tread", but what wheel will I need, meaning how much offset? Will a stock deuce wheel work as a spare, or will I create clearance problems on the steering axle?

This question has to be resolved pretty quickly, as we hope to have the truck shipped here in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for any insight on this situation.

BruceB

Well, it sounds pretty dumb but I bought this truck sight-unseen. This was mostly due to the sterling reputation of the seller, as well as our communications with him. It's about 800 miles away (in Phoenix AZ) and I'm trying to make whatever preparations I can before it gets here.

I agree that it should have the same wheels all the way around. I'm thinking that IF a Deuce wheel will fit for the short term I'd treat it as a semi-disposable item until I can identify the wheels now on the vehicle, and get the matching wheel. The tire match-up was easy, fortunately.

Those of us in remote locations often end up making decisions that might look "odd" to folks who are closer to resources... we're really not all THAT crazy, honest!

flyxpl

If the seller can supply the spare it could be shipped with the truck .That way you will have the correct wheel and tire with no extra shipping cost .

BruceB

Albert, no, I'm very sorry.

Many thanks for your offer; it's much appreciated. It would certainly help if we could make an arrangement to meet-up around Las vegas or a bit further north Vegas makes sense because of the airline connections. How do you visualize getting yourself back home?

We are currently in a holding pattern, waiting to hear from a trucker who should be getting back in touch with us as his scheduling and routing firm-up toward month's end. His last price was just under $1000 right to our town in northern Nevada, which is quite attractive. Adding up fuel, airlines, motels and meals...it becomes a rather easy decision. Also, we wouldn't have any breakdown worries....I have no desire to become the "Summer Desert Edition" of the Donner party.

.Thanks again for offering to drive part-way!

B

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BruceB, I think I would have my wife or someone come with me in a 2nd car.

A $1000 to northern NV would be a good price.
But you are right about breakdown worries.

Let me know what you can work out, I would be happy to help out.:beer:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wheel should be 11" wide inside to inside. When I build the Jatonka XM35A4 4x4 conversions they come with a spare tire and wheel. You should not use a 7" wide deuce wheel for a 14.00R 20 tire.
Jatonka, Do you sell the wheels you make in the pic here and what is the price?
Also do you put the 14.00x20 on them?
Thanks!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks