• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tire pressure

armadillofz1

I did a search and checked the FAQ, nothing. i have a singled deuce on 11x20 tires. what pressure should i run in these things. the fronts are cupping severely. the PO put 50 front and 100psi rear. sounds a little extreme to me. i'd like to rotate them and adjust pressures. i also noticed some light sidewall cracking, but i understand this is fairly normal.

armadillofz1

these tires are not the stock bias ply tires, so anything on the dash plate, if it was there, wouldn't apply. these are the michelin radials. i'm sure the shocks aren't helping the cupping but i just can't get behind a 50 psi difference between front and rear.

Divemaster920

Banned
I would always put more in the front than in the back. I would look on the sidewall ratings. For highway driving max in the front and 20 to 30 less in the rear.

BEASTMASTER

if you're running civy tires we usually put 90 in the fronts and 100 in the rears, but i'm talking gravel hauling . if you're talking empty, i'd run 80 lds all around.

armadillofz1

just rotated my tires today (feel like i've been hit by a truck). running 80 in back 90 up front. took it for a spin and it feels better than before. seems to steer better with more air upfront (im sure the non-cupped tires up front now helped) do they make street tires (tractor trailer type) that will fit the 20" rim? i think that would be the way to go.

Lex_Ordo

I have singled Firestone T831s, direct from the Military that came on my truck. The truck's unit had TP-50 stenciled on it. I increased it to TP60, and find that it rides very smooth with little to no bounce empty, and still is good on fuel economy. Here is a pic

Attachments