• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire pressure

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The way to find out is to air up to max pressure.
Run chalk across the tread and drive around the block.
Let air out untill the whole tread(chalked section) wears evenly.
I usually let 10psi out at a time.(Many trips around the block.)

emr

The way to find out is to air up to max pressure.
Run chalk across the tread and drive around the block.
Let air out untill the whole tread(chalked section) wears evenly.
I usually let 10psi out at a time.(Many trips around the block.)
:shock:... motor in front heavy on 2 tires, 75 to 85 your choice in front , if U notice a difference u are the princes laying on the pea :) just kidding, backs, unloaded U want traction and there are alot of tires with like no weight, 65 is fine, When loaded run em ALL full, low weight in super singles under load can and does cause catastrophic side wall failure, dont run em low for long when U need to air em down for traction, High speed on these extreme off road tires causes extreme tire failure, many on this site think these are high speed tires, no they are not, they will give U the service they were designed for if U let them by proper air and speed , 99% of all the failures of tiress and vehicles are human error, many wont believe it but its true, like my tires got me stuck, is the classic i read on this site a few times, always good for a laugh :) less air more wear,to much bad too, good to ask... like everything in life these are guidelines for U, your driving and abilities will require U to adjust... :)Good luck,

dmetalmiki

low weight in super singles under load can and does cause catastrophic side wall..............

That took a LOT of deciphering. For people not in the "know" concise advice is much easier to follow. .....How much WIEGHT can one PUT IN Tires?..and "under load" (GVW. or PULLING up grades etc?)

For instance..No load on vehicle, Front Tires. try 50.PSI. up to maximum of 75 PSI
No load on the Vehicle, Rear Tires. Tires try 50.PSI . Up to and including 75 PSI.

For instance. Carrying a load on vehicle Front Tires. try 50 PSI. up to maximum of 75 PSI

Carrying a load, Rear tires Try 50 up to and including 75 PSI.

BUT in ALL cases, ALLWAYS FOLLOW the manufacturers guide lines and DATA found on the TIRES themselves. and DO NOT experriment outside these figures.
I am NOT advocating the above pressures, but I AM advocating the LAST PARAGRAPH>

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks