• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tire pressures

dawico

It may help if you mention what vehicle you have them on. It may differ on a tractor/ cargo truck/ van/ wrecker. I imagine it would be similiar on the front tires but the load on the rear may change the optimum running pressure.

I am subbed as I think the responses will be similiar to the pressure run in 14.00R20s.

6X6WES

Yea, I can run and check the wear pattern (how much of tread is hitting the ground ) but I thought before I run my first trip that will be about 50 miles that maybe I could get close. Its a m813a1 cargo empty right now no load . I know there kinda big the 14.00r20s fit better but these were on it already and they look good. what do you run the 14.00 r 20s at? my f350 diesel I run the fronts ten pounds more than the rear when its empty and that works pretty good.

dawico

I have a 923a2 w/ CTIS. The CTIS runs the tires at 70psi (edited and corrected) highway mode and it seems to work well. The front tires don't look squished and the rear doesn't bounce around too much. I have a couple hundred pounds in the bed which is really nothing.

Last edited:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M1070 HET highway pressure is 75 psi in the 16R20 tires both loaded and unloaded. This ranges from 3772 lbs to 11073 lbs per tire. Its also a 45 mph truck, though. I think something in that range is probably acceptable for a 5 ton on 16R20s.

Too little and you'll wear or damage the tire faster and too much and you'll shake your teeth out.

6X6WES

thanks for the reply's guys . they were all over the place when I got it from 50lbs to 90lbs . I had set them at 90 but I think ill back off a little I still got most of my teeth left and want to keep em.[thumbzup]

Artisan

The -10 User manual is clear...;

The A2 CTIS variant is "Supposed" to air up to NINETY PSI in Hwy Mode.
So every time you start the truck the truck reverts back to HWY MODE
and your tires should be at 90 PSI.

The tires are marked by the Manufacturer at 100PSI COLD I think.
Anything under these pressures for on road driving is not what the
OE engineers want. Running under design pressure will create wear
patterns and heat.

"Your mileage may vary".

There are exceptions to all rules, case and point, if you read the TM
for an M916 it tells you to air down to 50PSI in stock 11:00R24 sneakers
if you are running bobtail. But when you think about that, you realize
you have EIGHT massive tires back there, duals x 4 so you can see
it would be fine.

Run at what the TM mandates and force an attorney whom might come
after you in a wreck, looking for negligence, to pound sand...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks