• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tire question

gene

was thinking of getting new rubber for my m35a2 with singles in the rear. most driving off road and remote. was wondering which tires would be good/aggressive tread while maintaining proper spacing between rear wheels/bed of truck etc..can one find tires that are US made or at least not from China(this nation banned in our house)

thanks,

m139h2otruck

1100x20 NDCC (43" OD or so) would be cheap (and fit the original wheels), but any tire @ about 44-45" OD or less will fit without hitting on the rear. How much do you want to spend is the only question.

gene

thanks for the info on the OD. someone metioned that these truck projects grow into frame up jobs, I might not go that far but I detect an obsession coming on.

thanks,

FSBruva

Run the search function, as this topic has been discussed at length numerous times. :deadhorse:

Also, check out the gallery of "Super Singles Options" found in the photo gallery. Link here:
http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=photoshare&func=showimages&fid=100

Matt

ASPCA Disclaimer-
No animals were harmed in the posting of this thread. All horses used were LONG dead before they were beaten. Seriously - they were dead quite a while before anyone picked up a two by four. Take our word for it.

acetomatoco

Better check to see that there are no Chinese Components in your puter.... By default a M35A2 with single 1100s and reversed hubs in the rear becomes a M34A2.

houdel

acetomatoco said:
By default a M35A2 with single 1100s and reversed hubs in the rear becomes a M34A2.
Well, maybe not exactly. I thought the M34 "Eager Beaver" had a narrower bed to match up with the tires?

FSBruva

Correct, houdel... the bed is the same width as the fenders and running boards. Plus, it has wheel wells that allowed for the larger tires to have the same range of travel and articulation as the 900 tires. But the hub flip is a HUGE step in the conversion.

Matt

gene

will run search func in future. damn chinese are in my puter! Lost that one. my bed is not narrow as the rears are recessed a bit, so I take it I have an M34A2. Learnin day by day.

gene

FSBruva

gene said:
will run search func in future. dang chinese are in my puter! Lost that one. my bed is not narrow as the rears are recessed a bit, so I take it I have an M34A2. Learnin day by day.

gene
There is usually a data plate on the dash to assist with these sorts of identification issues. Also, the Army made up a whole bunch of manuals that assist with the identification and maintenance issues of these trucks. Check the technical manuals section.

The M35 bed is 8 feet wide. The M34 bed is 88" wide. The M34 bed is as narrow as the running boards and fender.

Matt

gene

maccus,

Nice pics, I indeed seem to have an M35, bed is 8ft and higher off the frame. Damn I love the Deuce! Aint seen a bad lookin one yet.

gene