• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire-safety question

79driver

This is the right front tire on my duece, its showing some signs of cracking that i had not previously noticed before today. I really dont think they were there before today because i check my tires every time i drive. I noticed this on my post trip inspection. All other 9 tires on the truck are new except for this one. Im leaning toward replacing it with a new one or at least getting it off the steer axle and on the rear. Tell me what yall think.

EDIT: Ive decided im going to replace this tire soon, so i geuss what im asking is it an immediate safety hazard as in "dont drive it anymore until its replaced" or can i let it go for a few days (like until the next paycheck)

Attachments

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just an older tire. As stated above, you are on the correct line. Move it to the outside rear. I try to put only new tires on the steer axle.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good thing about a tube type tires is SOMETIMES you have warning. The tread blows off prior to the tire exploding. Good thought on the thumbs!

Westex

Be careful filling up a new tire. Read the posts on it. I went to Harbor Freight, and purchased a clip on guage so I don't have to hang around while the tire fills. Call me a ....kitty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks