• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire selection

ramdough

So, I did a search for this particular topic, but only found comments in other people's threads.

What are your preferred tire for different road and terrain conditions for your FMTV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Michelin XML is the knobby tire best for rough terrain
IMG_4408.jpgIMG_3194.jpgIMG_3376.jpg

I like the Goodyear MV/T as a compromise between off/on road
IMG_3609.jpgIMG_3606.jpg

The Michelin XZL is another tire with decent road manners
IMG_3475.JPG

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm a Goodyear MV/T fan based upon looks, admittedly. I have the Michelins on my truck, though, because that is what it came with.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I've had the XML and the XZL in 395. My XML tires didn't wear as well as the XZL and made more noise(driving down the road). The XZL goes anywhere the XML went. I'd like to try the MVTs next.

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had all three, currently running xzl's on the front and mv/t on the rear, until I can get mvt on all 4 corners. I have 14 of the good years so I'll be running them for a while.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
From what I have seen, and some of this is m939A2 based, the Goodyears seem to age a bit better than the Michelins. I think the Michelins have rubber that's designed to be a bit more aggressive. The Goodyears are a bit more streetable.