• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire size question

helobravo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will 14.5 R20 tires fit stock duece wheels? Same question for 12.5 R20.
I wouldn't think that they would fit on rear in stock configuration due to width.
Thanks in advance.

helobravo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the link.
Sure would be nice to find a straight answer.
I do not know what the three digit discriptions
mean.
We all have our own knowledge sets. Mine is not tire nomenclature.

Last edited:

PROSTOCKTOM

I think you'ld be better off buying some different wheels If you plan to go with that large of

tires. Someone on here just posted some photos last week of a 14.5 on a stock rim.

Once you see it the answer will become really clear why not to do it.

Tom

Last edited:

Broke Down

I have actually mounted a set of 18.00 on a set of stocks, don't worry....we were just using them for a atv trailer we built for a mobile bar/music station.

59apache

Chipmaker
the answer is easy...read the manufacturer specs for the tires. for each dimension is the rim width specified. its a range from - to. if youre out of this range, it's maybe unsafe / dangerous.
if you're involved in an accident, you're in trouble. if somebodys hurt or dead and it's your fault you're in big trouble (and i doesn't mean the law...)

a damaged tire due overheating, (stress on the flanks) is possible....and 5 tons in a uncontrolled situation are not funny.

no offense to anybody...

just me 2 cents....

do it once, do it right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks