• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire size/ transmission wear question

Im nearly finished my rebuild :grin:. I would like to replace the tires on my m1009 with either 32 11.5 15 or 33 12.5 15. Do I need to be concerned with my tranny burning up, or having issues getting off the line too slow? What other issues might I encounter? Rub? Im thinking about getting BFG All Terrains. I spend nearly all my time on pavement. Any thoughts?

ODdave

The ball joints would be the bigest concern. I would put the best ones you can buy in there while you have it apart. I dont belive you will see any other noticable wear.

markg

Im nearly finished my rebuild :grin:. I would like to replace the tires on my m1009 with either 32 11.5 15 or 33 12.5 15. Do I need to be concerned with my tranny burning up, or having issues getting off the line too slow? What other issues might I encounter? Rub? Im thinking about getting BFG All Terrains. I spend nearly all my time on pavement. Any thoughts?
09's were born with 10-15 but you cant buy them anymore, they are now 31-10.50. with the 3.08 ratio they will run the speed limit just fine. i have see 32-11.50 under the truck and they look good also and probably will not cause undo stress on the steering components. downside is a little slower off the line, and the speedomter is off by 10%.

duchiem1009

I have 315/75/16 on my M1009 with the 3.08 gears, I do not know if the pump has been turned up. I have great pick up and no problem cruising down the freeway. But I'm switching to 3/4 tons soon. Imo you'd be fine with 33's..