• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire stuck

rickyman355

I popped my front drivers side tire and I'm tring to replace it. This should be the easiest thing I have ever had to do with this truck, but for some reason it's stuck on there. I took all the lug nuts off and it should just slide right off but I guess it's rusted on there. I've tried kicking the **** out of it. Sprayed it down with wd40, tapped the rim with a hammer, let the jack down to put the weight of the car on the tire. Nothing I do will get this tire off. Anyone one have any good ideas? Thanks.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Had that one a lot when i did tire work just have to hit it till it comes off. neversieze is tour friend!

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had this happen on a rear tire on my M1009. I did not have a large hammer. Soaking with PB Blast didn't help much either. So I put the lugnuts back on but left them loose by about 5 turns and drove the truck around the block while hitting the brakes several times. Took a few tries but it let go with a loud pop and the tire and rim came right off after I got back to the driveway and jacked the truck back up.

Ruppster

Nick Danger

Take a propane torch and heat the wheel between the wheel studs
than beat the crud out of it! or put lugnutz on loosely and rock truck
back and forth or drive carefully in a controlled area until loose!

rickyman355

I got it off. I put the lug nuts on real loose and took it off road. Worked like a charm. The nabors were looking a me kind of funny though when I was rolling down the road with a flat tire. Thank for the help.

jimmy-90

Glad you got the thing off. Figured I'd put up a post about how I got mine off when it rusted solid like that. I wound up useing the jack that came with the truck to push it off. I ran it out a ways and put the base aginst the frame and a block of wood aginst the tire/rim. I had to easily put more than as much presure on the tire as it would have taken to lift the whole truck. I also had someone else hit it with a torch while I worked the jack.

jimm1009

This is a common problem with rear axles shafts.
What I did was grind a slight radius on the axle shaft diameter where it fits into the wheel.
I then cleaned the crap off the o.d., touched up the paint, and have never had another problem in 15 years.
When you get ready to rotate tires or do rear brakes loosen all the lug nuts about three turns and give it a good kick and that should be all it takes from then on.
You can grind a little more radius if you feel the need but don't spend hours and take it all off either.
jimm1009

mikelee

Sound like everyone has the same issue ditto here....Makes it even more fun when this happens on the road and all you have is a big rock!!!ANTISIEZE AND BANDAIDS[thumbzup]

Crash_AF

Well now I'm trying to get the hubs off so I can repack the bearings. They seem stuck on there but I might be missing something. Anyone have any idea of how to get them off?
What part is stuck, and what parts have you already pulled out of the hub? And do you mean the lockout or the actual hub/rotor assembly?

Later,
Joe

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
on the front after taking the lockout off 6 or 8 allen bolts there should be a retainiing ring on the inside grove at edge of hub then the rest of lockout will come out possibly a snap ring on end of axel shaft after lockout is off on the spindle in front of wheel bearing is the spindle nut this takes a 4 prong socket to remove there is then a lock ring that slides off after outer nut is removed and then a iner nut that uses the 4 prong socket the hub should then pulll off when reistalling ithe inner nut has a small alinment pin that faces out this must line up to one of the holes in the lock ring then the outer nut and reassemble the lockout

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks