• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire Upgrade Sizes m923.

wiersema07

Hi guys, ive owned my M923 FOR about a month now and love have done several thibgs to it. Ive read alot of posts on tire sizes for it. I want to keep the duals on it as im not a big fan of super singles. I have 11.00 r20 on it now which are basically brand new. Im wondering what tire sizes i can get up to on it without rubbing the side wall duals. I think the front steers look to small and narrow looking for a little taller and wider. Seen some people say 14.00 r20 some say 395-85R20 those being 15" wide is that too much to keep duals, also seeing about buying different inner tubes if up grade all and any info ill save as you guys are absoluetly awesome with your knowledge, in a months time ive had a few issues with truck and found info on here right away, thank you.!

hklvette

I had the 14.5 & 11.00 setup on my M35 when I had it. It looks really good on them vs. the scale of the truck itself IMHO. On a 5T, that's the only dual setup available unless you want to go really big and use the bridge truck setup. It uses spacers to put dual 14.00R20s on the rear axles, but I think is overwidth so you'd need permits to get anywhere on the road. Some folks who have bridge trucks can chime in on that one.

wiersema07

@ hklvette thanks to both responses i think if i go a route iyd just be a switch out of steers. I dont live by any bridge law states the back looks good with the 1100's duals its just so void looking under front fenders, ill price them i dont really need it bcse my tires are probably 90% + thread and wont wear out any time soon. Always getting ideas. Is a 395/85r20 bigger? I was reading there 46" tall and 15.3 wide.

Special T

There is a 365/85R20 Mich XZL that is 45" OD According to the mich Site but as i rember they are pretty darn close to both the 1100r 20 and the 14.5R20 It could just the bet metric size marking with the tread design that is common now. I saw some 365 that came out of Cali but those were the only ones i have seen.

hklvette

Actually thinking about it, you'll need to use the 365/85 XZLs (assuming there are NOT an MPT). The 14.5R20 MPTs won't seat properly on a 5T combat wheel because the bead flange is too tall. Member "Gringeltaube" has some great diagrams somewhere of the difference between a MPT and standard tire/ wheel.

Special T

If your leaning to the 1400R 20 you will have to run them all the way around.

As i rember the 365 were on a more skookum wheel much like the hemmit wheels. Ill try and see if i have a pic some where.

Special T

Ya you could run those on steer and 1100R20 on drives. Last batch i saw came out of Cali some where. Not easy to find on the Left Coast. You may be able to find them easier where your at.