• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire Vibration

rwonsala

I have a M35A3C and at about 40mph i get an intermittent shack in the wheel, that goes away after the truck levels out to cruise speed. Anyone have an idea about this.

rwonsala

Thanks, someone said it needed to be balanced. They had added lug nuts to the opposite side of the CTIS on the rim. What do you think?

Westech

CPL
there should be a plate opposite of the valves and all that on the rim.. like a big wheel weight. and my bad on the bias ply.. you have radials. A larger tire will act the same but not as bad as a bias ply. Make sure the counter weight is on the rim.

M920

Use a product called Equal! It comes in little bags and you put it in to your tire with the bag....with your tire size you will need two per tire.

This stuff works awesome! I'm using it in everything that I run tubless tires on. It stays dynamic in your tire and makes up for variations like tread wear (even mud stuck in the rim)

I run my 445/65-22.5 Michelins on my M920A1 at almost 80mph without the slightest vibration!

Hope this helps.

Soni

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try experimenting with tire perssures, sometimes that cures it.

jollyroger

That equal works really well. We use it on my Mom's Newell Coach. The coach has 22.5 rims with Michelins. It is good out past 90 mph........Not that I know personally:oops::grin:. That is just what I have heard.

rwonsala

If my CTIS is working i was worried about the equal powder. I run that in my Peterbilt with 22.5 rubber and works get, but if my CTIS purges the air i was not sure if the powder would damage the CTIS unit.

Wolf.Dose

Many advices. All make somehow sence. But balance yout tires in a truck shop. thats the ultimate help. Tell them you problem and they will maintain it if they are willing to do do.
Wolf

Unforgiven

Tire Balancing Products

Instead of powder, they use ceramic spheres. I'm not sure if they work with tubes

From their website:
Dyna Beads
were designed for commercial trucks and large RV's. The commercial truck tire, be it a single axle Van, large RV, or an 18 wheeler, will quickly see the cost benefits of our OTR tire balancing product in the many miles you put on your tires. We make a premium-quality, more efficient tire balancing media for your tires.