• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tire wearing uneven

JOEDEUCE

Definitely interested in alignment procedure myself.... I still need to check my alignment.
My plan is to pull both front wheels and fix a flat bar off of the hub flanges . Maybe use a lug stud / nut to hold the bars on each side.... I figure this.method will be more accurate than measuring off the tire or rim. I will post pics of my operation....Prolly after new years....

Bill W

When I bought my truck both front tires were severly worn on the outside., When I pulled the hubs to put in new seals and one piece boots I checked the bronze bushings and they looked/fit great but the pass tire still looks crooked, I also replaced my shocks but only because I found a pair cheap. Bad shocks ( on any vehicle ) would only cause chopping/cupping on the outer part of the tire ( from tire consantly bouncing ). Unfortunatly I've only been on one long trip (220 miles ) since I redid the front and the replacement tires don't look bad since doing that trip

Last edited:

Munk

Front shocks on a straight axle truck help hold the tires down on the ground. They will cause chopping. I am going to try a set of shocks myself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks