• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tired of fighting the hood!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there any chance wind could close it from full up?
That would be my main concern.

If the stock holder will still work, that's great. If not you might want to think about adding a holder that will work to the kit.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And it would not slam down on you.
And if your brave enough to open your hood in hurricane winds .
Wellllllllll !

Its a GREAT add on and has a added benefit as a safety feature of not having to remember to put the hood safety catch on.

Last edited:

BBQROD

If you forget to hook the two main latches on both sides you could have a uh oh moment but the catch in the middle does an extent job I cut a little deeper v in mine just for piece of mind!

ke5eua

I think I'm fixing to go on a field trip to get you guys a functioning unit. I got to make a few calls and see what I can do.
Are you going to use the same size cylinders? If so what's the size, extended and compressed.

I'm ordering some linear actuators and figured I might as well as get the right size now.

Yes I want to make the hood fully automatic, push of a button automatic. Your brackets make it happen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks