• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires. 14.00s vs 16.00s

74M35A2

Plan on paper is to install a sub-frame type dump hoist mechanism. Was not going to, to begin with, because did not want a higher bed with 14.00's, but with 16.00's, I think it may not look too abnormal to raise it an additional 2". This will also be stronger bed support when raising with a load. 4x4 should also work well as mentioned for non-hoist apps.

lindsey97

As 71deuceAK stated this would be the best way to create clearance for tires. Add 1 or 2 additional boards under the bed. I have also heard that exchanging the stock bed for a marine ISO bed gives additional clearance because an ISO bed sits taller on the truck.

ISO beds are as rare as rocking horse poop or I would have one.....

71DeuceAK

That is a fine looking truck. If I didn't have a line on a 923 I'd definitely consider such a setup, short wheel base that actually (almost) fits in one parking space, and will go crazy places off-road.

red

I know on the older wreckers 395's can touch the bed under full articulation. m936 and older models (can't remember if it was the a1 or a2 when the bed was modified for the 14"s).

IMG_20160705_024943616.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks