• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires - best place to purchase

toddbe

I re-read the rules and I think I am safe to ask this question -

Where have member purchased tires for their trucks? Any place to avoid?
My M43 is going to need all four replaced. Plus I need a rim and tire for the spare.

Todd

WarrenD

For the rim, I'd look at swap meets, etc. You could check with John at Midwest Military, he's in MI too. Vintage Powerwagons, Adirondack Dodge are others.
Tires, I got mine from Wallace Wade (you could use Coker, Universal etc). 9x16 NDT's are only made by STA and Firestone. I got the STA's and am very happy. WW drop ships from STA in PA so the shipping wasn't bad, I had them shipped directly to a local tire dealer who I had install them. The money I saved in shipping them to a business (as opposed to my residence) paid for the install. WW had the best price and the STAs are a little less than the Firestone (paying for brand?).

I have 4 STA's on combat rims. Nice tire, good ply, plenty heavy duty. Ask at your local tire place, maybe they will suprise you; that's where I recieved mine. My place is a Goodyear dealer, who deals in pretty much every round tire known to man.

gerrykan

If you go to STA's website, there is an electronic form you can fill out and they will tell you the nearest distibutor of their product.

mobilized medic

Yo Toddbe;
Midwest Military in MN last time I ordered ,dropped in , talked with John Bizal.
Vintage Power wagon has them too. Better to ask a local MV club member about Budds. seems a lot of M37 stuff in Michigan. I sit in northern Wisconsin wishing my MV was amphib at times.
Regards, Mobilized (and needs retiring too) Medic

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks