• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires for the Karcher USMC Field Kitchen Trailer?

Madmedic

Hey Guys?? Anyone have a source IN THE US for replacement tires for the Karcher TFK??

In the middle of doing the restoration on ours. Original Herculite Cover was dry rotted, so replaced that. Now looking at tires and suspension and running gear. While the tires still have good thread, they are cracking on the side walls, so we're looking to replace them.

So far, the ONLY place we've found to get replacements is VRAKKING Tires in Europe.

Anyone else have this problem, and possibly a solution?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Sorry no help on the tires but where did you get a replacement cover? Tires are, 7.50-R 15 16 PR

Last edited:

Madmedic

MWMULES is correct on the tire size. The information I have so far sez this is a European Tire "only"

Got the Herculite Material for the replacement top from a buddy of mine for free. He purchased an entire bolt of the material to make duck blinds last year, and gave me the leftovers. Unfortunately, it's not the original camouflage pattern. But did I mention it was freeeee?? I found a commerical awning company here locally to do the fitting and sewing.

Eventually I plan on taking this cover off, keep it as a back up, and have another one made in solid O.D.

Here's a couple of picts of the old cover. Having problems loading picts, so I'll try again later for picts of the new cover.

Kitchen 1.jpgOld Top 2.jpg

Madmedic

Happy Days!!!

For any one else out there looking for replacement tires. Found'em!!!

Delticom, North America, Web Site is Tires-Easy.com.

Saw a listing for an upcoming auction on GL, for the tires. Looked up the listing, found THEIR manufacturer's name, and then found a distributor here in the U.S. Tires available are 14 ply vs the original German Supplied 16 ply. But I ain't gonna be picky.

Also be aware, that the rims are "split" rims, and not all tire mounting/selling/service companies will work on split rims.

Madmedic

Always happy to help out other MV'ers, as I have been helped by the others here on SS.

Our Karcher came from a College in West Texas. They obviously got it from GSA. Whether THEY got it out of Little Rock or not, I have no idea. The college is in Tornado Alley, and they have an active Emergency Management Educational Department. With both undergrad and graduate E.M. Programs, and also an active Emergency Management Support role for their community.

The college had 6 of the Karchers and sold 3.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yes mine came from Sherwood at auction several years ago, I was over this morning cleaning on it getting it ready for Memorial day week end. I use it to make breakfast for two days and also to do lunch while we are set up at the WWI Liberty Memorial over in KCMO. Here is the thread back when I first got it. I was lucky to get it I didn't bid high enough the first time it came up and the buyer reneged on it and got it when it was re-listed. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...n-field-trailer-mounted-self-contained-TFK250

Last edited:

Madmedic

Tires & other stuff update for our Karcher:

The NEW tires are over at the tire shop right now gettin mounted. Word of warning if you order them from the same place I did,,,,, TUBES NOT INCLUDED. But tire shop said they could order tubes, no problemo senor. I declined the offer of the chrome spinners.

Have also finished (more or less) the repaint job. (I'm NEVER completely happy with my work).

Experimented with several different ways of adding lighting. Started out trying commercial made shop lights, and decided on G.I. Issue Tent Lights. 2 Lights will link together. So, 2 mounted on each side. Tried using the original supplied straps, but Zip Ties work better. Have them set up with the Male plugs to the rear, and female plugs to the front, in case I want to add something else to the series. Have short extension cords to attach to the male plugs, and all will be coiled underneath the trailer, then run to 1 long cord to power source.

Tire 1.jpgLight 1.jpgLight 2.jpgLight 3.jpgLight 4.jpgLight 5.jpgLight 6.jpgPaint 1.jpgPaint 2.jpg

Madmedic

To answer a couple of questions I've Received: The vehicles you see parts of in the backgrounds, are a 41 Dodge Weapons Carrier, and a XM-161 Muttvee, Experimental. (no, not an alley cat). I will be doing a thread on our various Military ATV's shortly.

Madmedic

Tires back from the tire shop. Two were flat by the time I got them from the tire shop to the trailer. Hope is that it was bad valve stems. Re-inflated and put on trailer. Now it's wait and see.

With the tires back on, we're calling this a finished project. There's still a few loose ends to tie up, like final placement of the steam vent hose, cleaning and testing burners, touch up paint. You know.... the fiddly bits.

Tire 2.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks