• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires from 100dollarman.com

jollyroger

So I went to Las Vegas with my girlfriend a few weeks ago and found 100dollarman.com (Mark) on SS. He had an add with tons of tires and a bunch of trucks and trailers out of Lucerne Valley California. Only about 190 miles from Vegas. I thought we might get boared after a week in Vegas, we're not gamblers. Any way we took a day trip down to see what he had. Glad that we did. Mark is awesome. He had some way cool stuff. Anyway Mark talked me into, (made me a great deal), a set of 8 395-85R20 Michelins. I was skeptical but he said they would fit. 46 inches tall. Talk about sweet. I flipped the rear hubs too. If you get a chance to buy from Mark please do so. He is a first rate guy. Thanks Mark for all your help. JF3

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup they will fit, a little rubbing on the driver's side steering, but no worrys there. I agree, the times I have talked to mark, he is one of the good ones.

jollyroger

More pics of the tire/wheel reassembally. Had the tires broken down at a local tire shop. 8 bucks a tire to take them apart was well worth it. It took three of us several hours to put them all back together. Once we got a system down it was not bad. We used the 900-20 tubes and liners. Just could not find enough 1400-20 tubes in town. I will order and update tubes as needed. One of the 900-20 tubes had been patched. That is the only one that is leaking currently.;-)

Attachments

jollyroger

They rubbed on the exhaust clamps I have. There is a piece of flexible pipe in the wheel well. I cut a couple of the lugs before I remembered I needed to spin them around. :evil: Then they rub on the steering and the louvered pannels when twisted and turned. They will clearence but I will do some bending so as to not have more cuts.

Alredneck

Banned
Looking good, 395s on a deuce rock!

I would definantly get the right sized tubes when available. 13/40r20s are only a lil less than 40 buck each but will fill the void left with the 9s. Even though the sidewalls are really stiif and support the weight of the truck. I would get the right sized tubes, the flaps can stay 9s as that just protect the tube from chaffing on the rim. .02!

100dollarman

John- Thank YOU! You were a pleasure to do business with!!!

I have been trying to keep only the best tires in stock and not charge TOOO much for them!

I just got in a bunch of really nice 395 XMLs so now we have about 20 each of the the Mich XMLs and Goodyear MVTs in stock.

Here is a load I got in the other day---

The truck looks awesome!!! You and your friends are studs for changing those tires! (I use the local tire shop!) I am getting close to having the HEMTT wheels centered for the Deuce---- I'll make you a good deal on those when you are ready!

Thank you very much!!!

Attachments

woodywood

Private
not tryin to cut nobody's throat but captain and i are workin on a tire contract and we have humvee tires out the wazoo bias ply but we have a bunch of 1400 / 20 just getting started will post pics and prices soon thanks!

Andy1234

I've bought tires from both Mark (100dollarman) and Cap't / Woody, and have been equally pleased w/ both of them.

Mark (100dollarman) will go out of his way to help w/ shipping and Cap't / Woody can deliver, so either/or, you get the best of both worlds.

Quality and service was top-notch either way.

Andy

airmech3839

I wanna know how much for a set of 7 for transport to Augusta, GA....I am just curious about it...not too serious maybe down the road...other things to do to truck first....:?:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks