• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires - G177 v/s Michelin XL - TRACTION

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do the Firestones wear compared to the Goodyears? I have been VERY happy with how the Goodyears wear. I have one truck with G177s that I drove over 1,000 miles and it still showed the mold seam on the front tires!

Makincold

My 2 cents: If you are staying with stock rims, I recommend the Firestone T-831's - much better "off-road" performance. If you primary use is "on-road", the G177's are fine. If you plan to upgrade to the single combat rims, I recommend the 395/85R20 Goodyear MV-T. They give GREAT on and off road performance.
So are the 395/85R20 Goodyear MV-T's what are in your pictures? I like those. Want to stay with the "military look" for sure
Are these easy or easier to find than other military tires?

hklvette

So are the 395/85R20 Goodyear MV-T's what are in your pictures? I like those. Want to stay with the "military look" for sure
all of the new FMTVs I've seen rolling down I-81 were shod with MV-Ts, so Id say that they should be easy to source.

hairtrigger

This is what I am going with. Found 4 local, and had to have 2 shipped. As soon as I get mine on, I will post up a pic. I have a M54 so it should look pretty good. [thumbzup]

Still haven't decided on the wheels yet, will run stock until I can afford the new ones.

4x4e350

There were 11 new T831's on the M818 I got from GL, I havent really drove it enough to give a good tire report, but it did seem to ride nice, for a M818rofl
I'd be willing to trade for 7 14 x 20's on rims, if anyone may be interested, but they would have to be in good shape, because the ones I have are like new.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks