• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tires or CTIS leaking?

Rustygears

Clean out the o ring grooves with a wire brush to remove all rust & dirt down to the metal. Liberally coat the o ring with sil-glyde paste (not spray) before installing. This will both preserve the o ring and help seal the rim halves. Do the same for the grommet.

wmmscott

Why not just go ahead and bite the bullet and fix it right. Mine did the same thing. First I replaced all of the air lines and cleaned all of the fittings on the CTIS. then, I bought the O-rings that go around the mounting rim, and the ones on the valve stem. My CTIS now works fine, and the tires stay up. Got the o-rings from TNJ Murray, and the instructions on how to put them in. Can't do it dry.

JonMolander

There is a beautiful document that exactly describes how to pull the tire off the rim correctly, cheaply and safely. Someone posted it and I updated it to add some extra details. Do a search and it will pop up.

Rustygears, I swear I have seen this document before but can't seem to find it now. Of course I can never find it when I actually need it. Can you help me with a hyperlink?
Thanks!