• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires Tires Tires man there is alot of tires on ebay

jasonjc

The 12.5X20 fit on the rim just fine. They are the same hight as the 9.00X20.
The bigest that will go on the back is 14.5 or 15.5

DanMartin

11.00R20 and 14.50R20 are the same height (almost exactly). Great for having bigger tires up front (on 11" rims) and still having the dually look out back.

Last edited:

Somemedic

Whats the diff between the rear wheels on Rockmans and Pawns trucks? Is Rocks flipped while Pawns is how the inside duals go on anyway or is Pawnshop running different rims?

Pawn, Rock... alot of handling difference, noticeable ride and "performance" with the singles?

Last edited:

jasonjc

Pawnshop has his rear hubes fliped around, this is the "right way" to do it per the TM. Rockman's seems to have just left the inner wheel's off. There is a debate that Rockmans way of doing it put added load on the wheel brearing. Some say it does not matter if you don't have a load in the truck, some says that it does. I'm not going to say one or the other. But I'm going to duck and cover:razz: flame on:popcorn::deadhorse:

MDSA

Deuce tires

I really apprecaite the great info on this site. Had my Deuce a year and need to start thinking about new tires. The originals will last awhile longer but not forever. If I go with singles on the rear, I will save money, but how does it pull? My boys and I take it off road some and I do not want to get stuck. Of course my sons are wanting me to put it in a hole on purpose to see what the winch will do, but I am not going to look for trouble. 13000 pounds is more than they realize.

I like the look of duals, but $$ is an important consideration. But will singles pull okay?

Thanks

jasonjc

It depends on the type of tire. The singles are said to be better off road, but if you put on a hiway type tire it wont be.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recommend Goodyear GL177s. The G177s have very deep tread. Plus, since they are radials, they will wear better than tactical tires and also give you better traction on pavement (where we drive our trucks most). While they are not tactical tires, they are very aggressive and will perform well in most reasonable off-road situations. If you are interested, I have six or seven that are like-new. PM me for details. The tires are in MD.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the exact setup I want, I have the radials on my truck with singles but I want those tires and rims just like that! How much were the rims if you don't mind me asking?

6x6junkie

hey tj couch sweet pic great closeup of rear duals. what happens when you get a log cought in bettween them. ha ha how much did you give for wheels and they are 10 wide ????

JR

What is the benefit of running singles besides tire cost? Does it turn better? Better mileage?
It seems that off road capability would suffer due to more PSI on the ground (not air pressure, surface pressure). That is the whole idea behind airing down before off roading, less air increases your ground contact patch and decreases surface PSI.

tjcouch

If I recall - the wheels were about $250 ea. - But I know that he had to do a slight price increase after fulfilling my order. . . like so many other things he experienced an increase material cost.

The tires are about 14" wide.

I never had duals on my truck - so I can not really speak to how it compares off-road . . . . but since the military is moving to singles I would assume it is a better performing set-up.

rockman

Yes, he flipped his hubs and I have not. I was not sure if I would like the XLs andam considering going back to 9x20s so I did not flip the hubs.

Singles worked great in the winter while I lived in PA. Smoother ride and steering with the radials.

Bill