• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires

m561gamagoat

Ok I recently spoke to Coker tire in Tennessee! I ordered 6 new tires for my goat. Of course they are on backorder I suppose until they have enough interest to make a production run. Soooo if youve been waiting to pull the trigger and get new tires now is the time! Thanks. I always worry about my old tires even tho I have like 8 extra old tires.Further would anyone be interested in some of my old tires when the new ones come in? Lmk. Thanks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ok I recently spoke to Coker tire in Tennessee! I ordered 6 new tires for my goat. Of course they are on backorder I suppose until they have enough interest to make a production run. Soooo if youve been waiting to pull the trigger and get new tires now is the time! Thanks. I always worry about my old tires even tho I have like 8 extra old tires.Further would anyone be interested in some of my old tires when the new ones come in? Lmk. Thanks
@jcappeljr might be interested

SgtMajHarper

I'm ready to order 6 new ones myself.....are yours the legit Goat tires that are tubeless or DUKW' tires that need tubes?

SgtMajHarper

From what ive read u can mount these on goat rims without tubes no problem. These are the repro dukw ones.
Good to go, those would be the same ones I'm wanting to order then......but they say they are on back order, not in stock? I'm also going to have some "used" ones to get rid of.

combat32

Interested to hear how it works out, we are all in the same tire boat so to say . I have 3 NOS tires that are excellent,plan on putting them on the front, most of the rest that I have go from crap to super crap.

I wonder if that place in Salt Lake still has a trailer full of NOS tires?

m561gamagoat

Again, those tires in Toolie Utah have been sitting, im sure, outside for 25 plus years. I dont think there is any way they are decent. They all look good till you air them up and the sidewalls are all cracked. I had some “new” ones with nubs in them still. Sidewalls all cracked.

combat32

The story I got was Smith and Edwards, surplus store there, had a trailer full so they had been stored inside. I called out there a few years ago, 60 bucks each but they won't ship. I would still want a proof of life photo, I don't know anyone in that area and it's a long drive.

SgtMajHarper

The story I got was Smith and Edwards, surplus store there, had a trailer full so they had been stored inside. I called out there a few years ago, 60 bucks each but they won't ship. I would still want a proof of life photo, I don't know anyone in that area and it's a long drive.
I called Smith and Edwards and they said they haven't had any Gama Goat tires in years and years.

I just called Corker Tire.......they have none of the 1100 x 18 DUKW tires in stock anywhere. They order their tires from a manufacture that makes them for them using the molds that Corker owns. The tires are made in Vietnam and currently they have none on order to be made. Whenever some are made, they are likely 90 days out depending on shipping from SE Asia. Then they arrive stateside and depending on shipping costs at that time, they will be able to quote you a price.

Since they have none in production and the DUKW tires are listed as 10 or 12 ply depending on which catalog they are looking at. I asked what it would take to have the manufacture make them in 6 ply instead. He said likely not, but maybe possible if there was a run of "maybe 50" or so. He said he would ask. He also said once delivered stateside, when someone wants to make their purchase, they could have the tires directed to other dealer location points and ease the pain a little on shipping it if get's them closer to a buyer.

So I ordered a full set........standing by.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks