• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires

Gamagoat1

Ok I recently spoke to Coker tire in Tennessee! I ordered 6 new tires for my goat. Of course they are on backorder I suppose until they have enough interest to make a production run. Soooo if youve been waiting to pull the trigger and get new tires now is the time! Thanks. I always worry about my old tires even tho I have like 8 extra old tires.Further would anyone be interested in some of my old tires when the new ones come in? Lmk. Thanks
Two questions Tom, What ply and how much?

SgtMajHarper

Ok. I just cancelled Coker and ordered thru Summit Racing. I can pick them up locally so no shipping!! They say 7/6/22 pickup date. Guess we shall see.
The Summit site lists these as a Coker Tire......wouldn't they also have to wait for them to be made, shipped to the states, picked up by Coker, then sent to Summit? I like the no shipping part! Asking for a friend........

SgtMajHarper

Yes they Are indeed from Coker but Summit is near me so they can absorb the shipping. Yes it will be awhile. I'm skeptical about July pickup but I can wait. Not alot if choice if your willing to spend $3k on dependable tires.
Good copy........it changed my plans for the next 2 weeks while the Mother-in-law visits since I don't have the new tire excuse to get me out in the shop.

SgtMajHarper

Hmmmm I'm open to suggestions and saving money.......anyone wanna share their ideas??? $200 is a bunch better than $500 each, but not if they don't last....their site does list them as 6 ply also.

combat32

Forgot to mention, he has 18 what I guess you could call nos recaps, and 2 used tires. I'm interested in a couple, I'm gonna call him back next week to see what shipping would be. Unfortunately the only way to know for sure is to mount them , air them up to 22 psi and see what sidewalls look like, I have had good and bad luck with this.

I have 3 really nice nos tires and a really nice(almost new) united tire already as well as about 6 mounted that go from ok to holy crap that looks bad ,

SgtMajHarper

Forgot to mention, he has 18 what I guess you could call nos recaps, and 2 used tires. I'm interested in a couple, I'm gonna call him back next week to see what shipping would be. Unfortunately the only way to know for sure is to mount them , air them up to 22 psi and see what sidewalls look like, I have had good and bad luck with this.

I have 3 really nice nos tires and a really nice(almost new) united tire already as well as about 6 mounted that go from ok to holy crap that looks bad ,
I plan on working outside in the "green truck garage" tomorrow with warmer temps, I'll give mine the hard look and see what I think I might really need instead of just want. I have 6 on the ground under the Goat (one is flat), 6 more mounted and parked inside (one is shredded from last years Veterans Day parade). The ones on the ground are the best looking, some have some ugly looking sidewalls, some look like they could use a good recapping. I would like 6 new ones, but maybe 6 recaps could do the job too........decisions-decisions.

I ordered 6 recaps, 1/3 the price for new.

Last edited:

SgtMajHarper

Let us know how they look when you get them SGM
I got the "new" tires in and they look great. You can tell on a couple of them where there are some tool marks where the new tread cap meets the sidewall, but it sure doesn't look bad. Otherwise they look like brand new tires, no cracking or age on the sidewalls. Now I need to find someone to mount them as the guy that used to work on split rims doesn't work there any longer.

combat32

Glad to hear it, I mount my own just be careful. If you don't have a cage you can wrap a chain around it, I have changed many over the years, deuce, M37, 715, goat, the goat is the easiest by far.

Gamagoat1

I got the "new" tires in and they look great. You can tell on a couple of them where there are some tool marks where the new tread cap meets the sidewall, but it sure doesn't look bad. Otherwise they look like brand new tires, no cracking or age on the sidewalls. Now I need to find someone to mount them as the guy that used to work on split rims doesn't work there any longer.
I think I'll put tubes in mine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks