• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DUKW tires have a higher ply than the Goat tires, but originally were made to be deflated to 15 psi for going over sand beaches, then pumped up from the cab back to 50 psi for highway use. I have no idea what the specs are for the Coker tires

m561gamagoat

Im aware. The Goat tires are 6 ply but those available arent usually very good with dry rot. I currently have 10 extras all questionable. Thats why I haul two around with me!!

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A note about Goodyear Goat tires, they are steel-belted bias ply tires.

Unlike just about any other tire out there.

DG

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Coker Tires in Chattanooga, TN sells DUKW/Goat tires, check with them to see if they can recommend something. Didn't the Goat have tubeless tires? if so, you may be looking for a unicorn!

SgtMajHarper

Coker Tires in Chattanooga, TN sells DUKW/Goat tires, check with them to see if they can recommend something. Didn't the Goat have tubeless tires? if so, you may be looking for a unicorn!
Yup, the Goat tires are tubeless.....that's how I run mine, I know some guys run tubes tho. bet they will chime in on here eventually. (Maybe the tubes help them float better)?

combat32

Problem is getting my nos tires expanded enough to seal on the rim. Even though they are new the sidewalls are collapsed down from being stacked for decades. Maybe after I run them for a while they will resume their former shape and I could go back tubeless

SgtMajHarper

Problem is getting my nos tires expanded enough to seal on the rim. Even though they are new the sidewalls are collapsed down from being stacked for decades. Maybe after I run them for a while they will resume their former shape and I could go back tubeless
Same thing happened when they mounted my new tires. They left them out in the warm sun with a tube inside (not mounted) and they came back into shape so they would seal. They have been holding air fine since mounted and tubeless.

combat32

I don't think DUKW was tubeless, should be same size, just having a hard time finding 1100.18 tubes, seem to be extinct, would a 900.20 do for a while I wonder?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks