• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Title Regis. in Texas

The Stuff Fixer

New member with the FLU disease. I bought 2 of these things(SEE). Wife said if I even look at another my rear end has had it. So question really is how do you title one in Texas? My local courthouse has no clue about how or what to do. Not really caring about registering and inspecting, just getting a title in my name to sell one of them. Seems there has got to be some kind of paperwork to show that you own this machine and you can transfer to the next owner besides a Bill of Sale.

Barrman

If you have a title then it should be no problem to use the Former Military Vehicle registration method at the local tax office. Search TXDMV for the application form. The tax office probably won't know how to process it. You can help them by letting them know FMV is a drop down in the antique vehicle section of their computer program. They normally don't like "help" though and will call Austin. Austin will tell them the same thing and it will work out.

The Stuff Fixer

If you have a title then it should be no problem to use the Former Military Vehicle registration method at the local tax office. Search TXDMV for the application form. The tax office probably won't know how to process it. You can help them by letting them know FMV is a drop down in the antique vehicle section of their computer program. They normally don't like "help" though and will call Austin. Austin will tell them the same thing and it will work out.
No, I do not have a title. I bought both at auction this year. All I got is the paperwork form the military at RRAD where I got them from in the auction here in Texas.

Barrman

Is one of those forms a SF-97? That is the only form that I am aware of the state of Texas will take and turn into a title. The SF-97 has to be in your name though.

The Stuff Fixer

No, no SF-97 form in my paperwork. Have to call on Monday and see if maybe that can be done. Just a disposition paperwork saying it belongs to me. Don't know if that will work or not. My local courthouse is not to smart when comes to 'out of the box' projects like this and its a 55 mile trip to the regional TxDOT office for titles. It's just a PIA to deal with those folks when you consider time,distance, take off work and any other hoops they want(tell) you to jump thru. But you gotta what ya gotta do. Thank you for your help.

Speedwoble

No, no SF-97 form in my paperwork. Have to call on Monday and see if maybe that can be done. Just a disposition paperwork saying it belongs to me. Don't know if that will work or not. My local courthouse is not to smart when comes to 'out of the box' projects like this and its a 55 mile trip to the regional TxDOT office for titles. It's just a PIA to deal with those folks when you consider time,distance, take off work and any other hoops they want(tell) you to jump thru. But you gotta what ya gotta do. Thank you for your help.
You need to be working with the seller you bought from. Titles and SF-97’s come from seller. They aren’t created by the TxDOT. If purchased from GovPlanet, you have to request the SF-97.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SEEs "KINDA" meet the requirements for machinery plates in TX. No title on machinery. MIGHT be an avenue to go down if all else fails. Personally I would probably consider buying a SEE with a bill of sale and machinery plates.

m715mike

It seems to me that the easiest option is to get a SF-97 in your name that can be converted into a Texas title.

Another option not mentioned above is the bonded title route.

Lastly, I just learned something new from NDT. I was not familiar with machinery plates.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New member with the FLU disease. I bought 2 of these things(SEE). Wife said if I even look at another my rear end has had it. So question really is how do you title one in Texas? My local courthouse has no clue about how or what to do. Not really caring about registering and inspecting, just getting a title in my name to sell one of them. Seems there has got to be some kind of paperwork to show that you own this machine and you can transfer to the next owner besides a Bill of Sale.
I did not have a title for my WW2 Weapons Carrier. I went to my local tag office in Texas and they created a "Court Ordered Title for my vehicle. No muss no fuss.

The Stuff Fixer

I am not opposed to machinery plates. Just need to call the RRAD on Monday about the SF-97. It might be worth the try, no pain no gain. No it didn't come from Govplanet but a different gov auction house.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks