• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Title transfer from US to Canada

cheeseidi

I have a buyer for my M35, but he lives in Canada. Does anyone have experience transfering the title from US to Canada? As this is not a standard vehicle, the web explinations do not fit exactly.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did this vehicle come with an EUC or from a buyer who had the EUC for it? If it has an EUC associated with it, you could go to jail selling it to a foreign national...even if they are our friends up north.

wsucougarx

Did this vehicle come with an EUC or from a buyer who had the EUC for it? If it has an EUC associated with it, you could go to jail selling it to a foreign national...even if they are our friends up north.
Did you originally purchase this truck through GL, GSA, or private party? If there is an EUC then you better go back and read the contract you signed. Ignorance is not bliss when it comes to the Feds

APM215

The buyer is a US citizen. The deal is just going to happen on this side of the border to make it easy for the guy who is going to drive the truck home for him.

WPNS421

There is absolutly no problem bringing a truck to Canada, what is required is : send the title, bill of sale to Border and Customs 72 hrs prior to crossing. To cross the border you must call prior to going to ensure all is in order and when crossing you are required to stop at the border where the VIN is verified, Once cleared you then proceed to Cdn Customs.
There are different rules that apply to vehicles. What is the age of the vehicle? Over 25 years old no problem, less than that you must meet certain obligations. Your best bet is to call BCP where you will cross and then Cdn customs. Also check the Birder and Customs web site and everything is explained there.
Also keep a copy of all paperwork from the sale and customs US and Cdn. If a sale is to a US citizen residing in Canada there is no problems in regard to the EUC. I know of at least 30 US MVs in Canada and there are no problems. But play safe and call Customs, the people I talk to are usually very friendly and helpful.
A US citizen living in Canada can bid on GL even on items requiring a EUC. This is explained on the GL site.

Last edited:

avengeusa

If the truck is going to canada to stay, you definitely, absolutely may run afoul of ITAR regs, and those boys do not play well

you MUST contact the state dept and get permission in writing, or go through a broker who hass an export license and handles these types of transactions

25 years and 250,000.00 fine for illegal ITAR exports, I know this to be fact

Scarecrow1

Man I'm no lawyer but I believe It can;t be sold out side the US..... I'm sure if it came from Gl it must stay in country please be careful the gov don't play nice these days Best of luck :wink:

Stan Leschert

You need an export liscence. Contact Ian Newby in Vancouver, B.C. I believe that he is with "Western Command historical society. He has more than enough experience with this and could be able to assist. For contact info, you'll have to go throught their website. It is possible, but not easy. Good luck. Let me know the end result. If it is coming through B.C., we do have a vehicle inspector around, .....

jesusgatos

Have a friend up in Canada who is interested in buying some trucks. Just spent the last half-hour reading-up on exporting to Canada and wow, there's a lot of conflicting information about this subject. Found links to info about ITAR, and BIS, and wassenaar and the district export council. Ended up talking to Alex at Idaho Motorpool and he was really helpful. He's a registered exporter and is willing to act as a 3rd party broker if anyone needs help getting trucks across the border. Very reasonable prices too.