• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Title

ApopkaFL

Banned
The three trucks I won today on GL, Anyone can direct me on the process of getting titles for them? If so I wanted to know are they consider OPEN titles? What is the process for Florida?

Seth_O

Once you pick up the truck(s) from GL you can request an SF97 via their website. I think they are ~$60 ea. Mine took ~3wks to arrive by mail.

stumps

Everything you could possibly want to know about the process is clearly spelled out on the GL website.

In short, you can do nothing until your EUC has cleared, and you have removed the trucks from government property. After you have done that, and have verified the VIN, truck model, and weight info, you go to the forms section on your account and fill out the form requesting an SF97 for Florida. You pay a small fee, and when they are good and ready, they will fedex you the SF97, or perhaps a FLA title.

-Chuck

mhassett

You do not have to remove your property to apply and get the SF97.
You need a paid invoice. To get the paid invoive, you need your EUC cleared.
MHassett

wikallen

MHassett

You have to verify the serial number of the vehicle, so basically you have to wait until your remove the item from the base.

stumps

MHassett
Sorry, but that is not true! GL will not start the SF97 process until after you have picked up your lot. If they issued one for you prior to your lot's removal, it was done by mistake.

-Chuck

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The whole process described above is about true. If you manage properly, you will be able to secure a title with only a mile care of heartburn!

hemichallenger

Since you live in Fl after the truck is removed you request the sr 97 and GL will fed ex you some paper work to sighn and they will send it to the state and the state will send you the title. It takes 2-3 weeks after Gl sends you the paper work to sighn. The title will be made out to the name used as the buyer and will not be an open title.