• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Titling / ID issues

srowley

Newbie here... I bought this truck several years ago and it didn't have a title. Now I'd like to register it for on road use so I'm applying for a new title.

When I bought it, my son did a bunch of research and determined that it was a 1965 Kaiser / Jeep M54-A2.

A VIN inspection revealed that it was titled in Washington state in 1973 as a 1953 Royce.

Is there a way to definitively determine exactly what it is by the VIN? The VIN is 10432

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your son probably got it exactly right. Check Carnac’s new VIN thread, your s/n might be in there.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked, your s/n is not there but it appears the change from 1964 to 1965 happened around s/n 10600 so you have a 1964 which was a great year to be born in.

srowley

I looked, your s/n is not there but it appears the change from 1964 to 1965 happened around s/n 10600 so you have a 1964 which was a great year to be born in.
Thanks for your efforts, that was very kind! I'm '67 model. It's not so much the years, but the miles!

I think at one time someone was able to find some info on it (probably Carnac) and sent it to my son, but he can't find it. Damn kids! ;)

srowley

After some help from a knowledgeable man and some more digging, I did actually did find it! There is a prefix to the VIN. Turns out it is a 1966 Kaiser Jeep M54A2w/w.

Now to apply for a title....

Thanks again for your help!