• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SC Titling without SF97

Gatorbait2.0

I recently bought a M929 dump truck in GA. for my farm in south carolina. Only got bill-of-sale because that's GA. and he got it at a state auction with no paperwork. So no SF97 form , anyone in carolina have this problem ? And any suggestions on what i need to do to get this titled ?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the prior owner will need to register the truck, which, I believe requires insurance in GA. Once he has the registration, he can sign that over to you just as he would with a title. There will be costs associated with the title and insurance that you might offer to pay to get him to do this.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do have the old registration and insurance cards from seller. And you are saying this will work in SC to get title?
Wait, if there are old registration cards, then there is a title. Sounds like the previous owner needs to apply for a lost title.

If he has a title (it was registered) then how did he keep his SF-97?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
we are talking about GA. it causes problem's for the rest of us.
GA is actually one of the easiest states to deal with titles. I wish more were like them. All you need is a bill of sale and insurance to register a pre-86 vehicle in GA. When you sell it you give a bill of sale and the GA registration and someone takes that with a VIN inspection to their states DMV and they get a title in their state.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks