• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM for belt change?

markmontana

I don't have the TM- sorry. It's pretty straight forward, done it several times with no problems. Just get the old belts off, then slip the new belts over the fan, and roll them unto the pulleys. Sometimes they are tight to get between the blade and the radiator housing, but never had too much trouble doing it, just move them as you turn things. I like to get both belts past the fan before slipping the first belt onto the pulley, makes the fan easier to turn to get the second belt on. (This for the 2 alternator belts- not the compressor belt. Have the wrench, but haven't had to change one yet)

Last edited:

wsucougarx

You DO NOT have to remove the fan. Loosen the alternator and push it up towards the engine to loosen the alternator belts (2). The air compressor pulley is a two part pulley. You will see there are two bolts on the pulley on the forward most part of the pulley. You will need to loosen or remove them. Now like I said before the pulley is a two part pulley that is threaded. The belt is basically sandwiched in there. You will need to get large wrench to hold the rearmost pulley in place so you can loosen the forward most one. Unless you have the air compressor pulley tool, it'll be a challenge to break it loose. When you get things figured out be sure to put some anti-sieze cpd on those threads for your next belt change.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks