• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM for King pins and axle rebuild

I've been searching for an hour now through organizational tm on kingpin replacement and setting preload. Can some one help me out I can't seem to find anything on this subject.

DrillerSurplus

I've been searching for an hour now through organizational tm on kingpin replacement and setting preload. Can some one help me out I can't seem to find anything on this subject.

I think Adobe's search tool is essential to finding what you want in the hundreds or thousands of pages of a TM.

Most of the TMs are available in Adobe pdf format. Many, if not most of those pdf versions have searchable text, not just a scanned image. The Adobe search feature is invaluable for finding what you need in the various TMs. This TM is 766 pages long, but Adobe takes just over 1 second to search the entire document and when it searches, it doesn't miss a page as a person might when flipping through it on paper or on screen.

You just need to know the right key word (or keep trying until you find the word the military used instead of whatever common usage is). In this case, they don't use king pin, the TM refers to "steering knuckle".

Anyway, I know I would spend at least 10 times longer trying to find stuff in the TMs and wouldn't use them as much if I didn't use the Adobe search feature. I posted this just in case others aren't familiar with using it.

Adobe search menu choice.jpgAdobe search results.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks