• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM for M35A2 ?

CanadaDeuce

Hello all

Let me begin by asking if a person was to get his first M35A2 and needed at least one good TM ( owners manual ) for the truck and drivetrain ? what would it be and where can it be found, Ive looked thru the TM's here and cant really find one book that deals exclusvely with a 70ish M35A2 and its multifuel engine and drievtrain.
Im sure this info is here Im prolly just not looking in the right spot pls help :wink:

Also If anyone has a copy of this stuff they would like to sell that would work also either photocopy or original as not sure if they are an endangered thing or easily available.

thanks much

CanadaDeuce

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a CD from Military Media inc, $ 19.95
Never checked to see if all the TM's matched to what SS offered here in the Tec section.
There is a TM here at SS that is not on my CD and it is on bottom of the first page listed as Troubleshooting 465. Has some easy reading and good numbers for tuners/ mechanics.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check out the quote in my signature! All of those are available for free in the TM section here at Steel Soldiers.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn is probably right. I the don't care for 16 volume 1980 209s but love the 1965 209s

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
cranetruck said:
Do an ebay search, they pop up all the time, I prefer the 209 series, though....
That's interesting. Most people around here seem to prefer the 361 series. All my paper copies are 209 so I thought I was missing out.

Never did find out why they changed from the 209 series to the 361 series. I DO know that the newer versions of each manual have corrections that needed to be made in the earlier versions. Someone mentioned a little thing like the placement of a seal or washer being different in his version. That's because the error was spotted by a heads-up mech or two and the correction was made the next time the manual came out.

The year/age/manufacturer of the truck is supposed to make no difference. The same model is supposed to meet the same specs.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember, there are different versions of the 209 series. The 1980's version splits even the -10 into 4 different books. This series is a great resource to have but a pain to search. It was replaced by the 5 book 361 series. The 1965 version of the 209 series is an awesome resource. It covers gassers A1s and A2s. These were never digitized and put on disc but one of our members was nice enough to scan the -10 and -20 to PDF and they are here for your pleasure. If you have a chance to check out the 1965 versions, do it. I'm certain that when Bjorn speaks of the 209 series, he is referring to the 1965 versions. For all you folks with gassers that can't find TM 9-8022, the 1965 209s are for you. Here is a link to the 209-10 from 65. This seller has lots of TMs in his store.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Truck-2-1-2-ton...yZ378QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
bigbee said:
Never did find out why they changed from the 209 series to the 361 series. I DO know that the newer versions of each manual have corrections that needed to be made in the earlier versions. Someone mentioned a little thing like the placement of a seal or washer being different in his version. That's because the error was spotted by a heads-up mech or two and the correction was made the next time the manual came out.

The year/age/manufacturer of the truck is supposed to make no difference. The same model is supposed to meet the same specs.
That was me that posted about the seal and washer mix up. It was in a 1965 209-20P.

CanadaDeuce

TM's ...........

Hi all

thanks to ArmyGuRu I know have the entire collection , thank you Sir.

Now all I have to do is find a truck to go with them close to home ! LOL

have a OD day ! :)

CanadaDeuce