• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM Wiring Diagram Question

ckesey

I'm in the process of replacing my CVT1 and linear transformer. This means lots of wires flying everywhere. I labled the wiring as I took it off but I'm also double checking the wires against the wiring diagram. I'm sure this is a stupid question but what does it mean when there are two numbers following a location....IE TB2-7-8 or TB2-2-3?

The single number after the location I understand TB2-2 as the position on that TB but dont completly understand the two number scheme.

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
I'm in the process of replacing my CVT1 and linear transformer. This means lots of wires flying everywhere. I labled the wiring as I took it off but I'm also double checking the wires against the wiring diagram. I'm sure this is a stupid question but what does it mean when there are two numbers following a location....IE TB2-7-8 or TB2-2-3?

The single number after the location I understand TB2-2 as the position on that TB but dont completly understand the two number scheme.
It means TB2 pin #7 and #8 are jumpered together. Look at the schematic. TB2-7-8 has FOUR wires. Rather then have 2 or 3 , (or more) wires all on one connector, you just jump from #7 to #8. and can space them out. easier to read wire numbers. Easier to remove a wire. Just one instead or 2-4 wires all at once.

ckesey

It means TB2 pin #7 and #8 are jumpered together. Look at the schematic. TB2-7-8 has FOUR wires. Rather then have 2 or 3 , (or more) wires all on one connector, you just jump from #7 to #8. and can space them out. easier to read wire numbers. Easier to remove a wire. Just one instead or 2-4 wires all at once.
I knew there must have been a logical reason but didnt exactly know what....now I do. Thanks for the explanation.