• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

To fix or to part out ?

Ironhorse

Hi everyone.

Just brought home a '53 M37. It runs, but....it has been flatbeded, fuel tank changed, converted to 12 volt, most of the original wiring harness, switches and gauges are gone, carb and fuel pump changed, windshield broken and front fenders rusted away.

What will be the pivotal point is, there's oil in the coolant and coolant in the intake manifold. I've pulled the head and the gasket has been changed before. The head bolts around no. 5 were wet. I don't see any obvious cracks or damage and suspect the gasket or maybe the head is warped. What concerns me is the pool of coolant in the intake manifold. Where is that coming from?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks