• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

To Plow or not to Plow that is the question?

BEASTMASTER

i don't think a converter will last using it with the plow pump . u can run 24 volts thru the 12 volt pump,like i say ,i've been using one that way for going on 8 yrs nowand no trouble. i did have a 30 amp converter for my radios and to work my strobes.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I just replaced the King-Pins last year. So I should be okay for a little while. I do plan on putting the air-assist steering on the truck. I plan on running it through a 12v-24v Inverter system so that I can use 12volts like you said for the plow and switches, while continuing to keep the rest of the truck still operating in 24volt. The thing I want to do is have a bigger alternator put on the truck so I can run an all electric heater for the cab.
Why not add a 12v battery and one of tm america's 12v altenator set-ups to the motor .
link to thread ; 2nd alternator, 12V

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was trying to keep it simple. Plus, I want to add an after market electric heater and heated seats to the truck so I need more then 15 spare amps. If I get a 24v 100-120amp alternator I think I will be okay operating everything at once.
Your going to overload a 24v to 12v inverter way before you overload a seperate 12v system with a 100amp altenator .

TehTDK

I like the Unimogs a lot. However, each to his or her own vehicle. I just think that for your application having centralized hydraulics and pto's might make the truck much more effective.

I really like some of the Old MAN KAT 1 series trucks in 8x8... But still my passion is a Tatra T-813 or T-815.
The Danish Army etc. actually uses MAN trucks and IVECO's and they are regularly auctioned off when they are EOL'ed. No real GL procedure where I live, all the army vehicles that CAN be, is being auctioned off at a regular car auction. And while I don't mind the looks of the mans too much my passions are still with the Deuces :p. And I was planning on gunning for a Deuce with the PTO winch, but I am unsure whether that is what you mean when you are talking about centralised hydrolics etc?

OttoVonMog

The Danish Army etc. actually uses MAN trucks and IVECO's and they are regularly auctioned off when they are EOL'ed. No real GL procedure where I live, all the army vehicles that CAN be, is being auctioned off at a regular car auction. And while I don't mind the looks of the mans too much my passions are still with the Deuces :p. And I was planning on gunning for a Deuce with the PTO winch, but I am unsure whether that is what you mean when you are talking about centralised hydrolics etc?
Each to his or her own. I like the looks of the M35A2-- but I plan on buying a Tatra T813 8x8 with dozer blade. As for centralized hydraulics, I meant a truck with built in hydraulic systems. Usually they run off the engine to operate all sorts of fun implements. However, if you don't like the Unimog-- you will have to do a lot of modifications to have a set up like this put in a M35A2 or M35A3 truck.

Well best of luck building your M35A2 truck the way you want it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks