• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

To Post or not to Post

Post or not post W II B-29 Nose art

• Yes post the pictures

Votes: 35 100.0%
  • No do not post the pictures

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi
I'm posting this thread to gather your opinion on posting pictures of B-29 nose art obtained from a deceased Soldiers effects. Some of the pictures can be quite racy as was the tradition at the time. Only those that are properly clothed (enough so your imagination has to fill in the details) will be shown.

1. Do you want me to post the photos
2. Don't post the photos

Either way all of his belongings will be donated to an official Military Museum as yet to be decided.

Jeff

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not any worse that the Deuce Pin-Up thread that has been here for a couple of years.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not any worse that the Deuce Pin-Up thread that has been here for a couple of years.
belive me when I say, the ladies that were drawn on the bombers were drop dead gorgeous. And also believe me whn I say, the deuce pin up thread will have a definite challenge to "creativity" should i post. Sorry for being a bit hesitant on posting the photos. Some folks get real excited if personal effects are shown. The Soldier will not be in any of them and I don't think that any taboos are being crossed; but better safe than sorry. besides, I don't have much backside left from all the chewing out i got (other sites, no longer a member) for saying and showing historical military things I believed were OK to show.

gunboy1656

Reading the other post you made, I see no issue with posting personal photos as the family wanted nothing to do with the family members items. so post away.

harleyhouse

It is a form of expressive art, To be seen and decided upon by the viewer.
as I walk through a gallery, I look and pass on what does not interest me.

Those ladies were beauties and an inspiration for our boys to come back home to
thier ladies waiting for them back un the GREAT U.S.A!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe it will be more approriate in the Mess Hall until we get a grasp on the content.

Bear9127

Yes, indeed, post the nose art from the old soldiers. Flying soldiers that is.

It's historic artwork of bygone era that should not be forgotten. :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks