• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

To the Engineer Who Designed the FMTV Hydraulic/Pneumatic Manifold: I Hate You

Crapgame

Like it says, the TM says to do it one way but its not the most efficient, turning a wrench 30deg at a time to remove hose fittings, and that is when you have room for the wrench. Humungous block of aluminum to mill on, and the fittings have to be so close the flare nut wrench can't fit.

Engineer.......I hate you!

Crapgame

And, I fornicated it vertically.....I've got the cab going up when the spare tire is supposed to, suspension not moving now............ It was starting to get dark, the buzzard-sized mosquitoes were starting to attack, hydraulic fluid running down my arm into the skeeter bites, so I rushed it, must have crossed some hydraulic lines. Or they are mismarked. The manifold is engraved on the back where each fitting goes, two of the lines were marked spare tire, not raised or lowered.

Jericho

If truck engineers are anything like most aircraft design engineers , .......... They dont even know where their parts goes on the airframe < BUT tech data isn't written by engineers , its normally written by subject matter experts, YUP MECHS !

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The people to really hate are the non-engineers that write the specifications requirements for this stuff. I know how to make great stuff, but 75% of the time I have to make something that I know is ridiculous because that's what the specs require (and they already have another team working on the mating part so they won't entertain a variance just because a lowly engineer like me says it's dumb). Oh, the stories I could tell.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks