• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

to those of you who have changed tires

Jake0147

breaking them down is the easy part ( the right tools help ) i don't care how many you have done or how good the cage is airing them up is dangerous

I have to respectfully disagree. If you feel that airing the tires up is dangerous then perhaps something in the approach needs to be addressed. If you feel you are in danger, you are skipping a step somewhere.
Without a doubt, the safety factor is NOT built into the process of changing tires. It is 100 percent the responsibility if the person changing the tire to be spot on in adhering to whatever process is available (and aquiring that is needed if it is not available) to keep any and all people out if harms way. This does not happen by it's self.

63sierra10

I did them when I worked at a tire shop and did it like WillWagner was explaining. I was replacing them on the deuce a couple weeks ago and could not get the bead to break on the first one, I tried for over an hour, no way would it come off. I drove over it with my pickup and still nothing. I drove over it with my Kenworth and still nothing. I finally got it by a little trick I learned called take it to the Goodyear guys. They have an air over hydraulic press that pops the beads loose.

emr

Like said above, for 25 bucks a tire, thats what it is here, And no lie, this one animal at the shop, Jumps on the tire after airing em down and breaks the bead bounceing around it and in I timed it because he was amazing 15 minutes. he was fast on em all, and I they were old tires, the originals on the truck from a milion years ago, just sayin, Someguys make it look easy, well it still looked hard but wow... For doing it U deserve a BIG WELL DONE !!!!!!!

sewerzuk

Well, I only have a couple left to do. Got the technique down after the 3rd tire; it took me about 20 min for the last one. But I'll admit that the $25 per tire seemed pretty appealing after the first one I did.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks