• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Toasted M813 Battery

ShermHook

I decided to take the 813 for a joy ride today. It as about 25 degrees at startup. I followed the cold weather starting procedure. After two attempts cranking for about 30 seconds each she reluctantly started. Drove about 20 miles and parked. When I went to put her away for the night I turned on the battery accessory switch, hit the ignition switch and got nothing.
I took a look in the battery box and right away noticed that I had a toasted battery. The case and lead near the + treminal was melted. As you can see from the picture I definitely had a loose connection. I suspect this is the culprit but I wonder if there might be an issue elsewhere (short in starter?) I should check out before I stick another battery in there and fry it too. I previously had a battery drain that I thought fixed when I found a direct short under the hood. Could these be related somehow?

photo.JPG

Triple C

Same thing happened to me. I thought I had everything tight but apparently I didn't. I am still running this battery but I know it is only a matter of time..... I am currently running a two battery set up but going to four when I can afford two more. You may have a short, I don't know, but I do know a loose terminal will cause what you posted. Good luck!

Attachments

danny81

Thanks yall, just had this happen yesterday, I found that my neg cable clamp had cracked and apparently worked itself loose and melted the post. I suspected that was the cause but this post helps confirm that

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks