• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Today was a great day

shannondeese

Today my deuce rolled under its own power for the first time in 6 months. After getting the starter rebuilt. Rewiring the charging system. Installing TMAmericas alternator kit. Relocating the primary fuel filter. Installing an SI27 alternator. Replacing all the belts. And installing two new batteries. She fired right up, put out good voltage and runs as strong as ever. Thanks for all the help from all of you.

Dipstick

Great news Shannon! You put a lot of work into it. I just replaced my batteries and belts too only to have something go wrong and cause a dead short to my new batteries. Looks like I have my work cut out for me. Enjoy your truck!

shannondeese

I had a starter hang up like yours. It took out the #2 wire from the alternator to the starter too. I didn't know it at the time though. So after I put the starter back in I had no charge. The truck would crank and run. Just wouldn't put out voltage. It took a few days to figure that one out. I ended up rebuilding the whole charging wiring harness. And it took out the voltage regulator too so the old alternator puts out 36 volts no matter what I wanted it to do. It's done now and I can thankfully drive it again. Good luck with yours. Eventually you'll get it back together. That'll be a great day.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Certainly good news. By the time mine is on the road again it will be closer to 16 months.

:-(