• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Todays M105 Recovery

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went out to recover the "unknown" M105 from Barstow. Got there at 7:30, let me right in. Gave them the paperwork, and picked it up! No issues. Had a few surprises in the back. A couple of chocks, a big chain and a tan vinyl cover! Put the lights on, checked tires, lugs, put the 2 front/backs in the bed and off I went. Went about 15 miles, got out and checked things over, all is good. Drove home at a comfortable 61 MPH. Decided to go stop at a friends and get another set of sides, front/back for the other "free" trailer. Got it home, looked it over, real straight, some minor rust at the LH rear part of the bed by the lifting loop, 1 brand new tire, the other looks like it was on the front of a deuce...cupped, but no rot. Air and light cords look good. Has had a repair on the tongue, most likely got jacknifed, but looks good to go. Also has the pogo stick under the rear and composite lights. It is a 1967...same as the free one, this one was mfg and in serviced in July '67 and the free one was in serviced in Dec. '67. I tried to get over to the charriot...well, I did! Was gonna take some spoof pics...with a cape on and a whip, but the dude ad GL was kind of rushed, cause he was unloading some stuff and there were more people showing up. Heres some pics.Oh, the tan vinyl...turned out to be for a HMMWV! Bummer. BTW, I snapped a pic of the assignment numbers, anyboby know who it belonged to?

Attachments

papercu

trailer

Good looking trailer FYI If you'll cross those safety chains hopefully the tongue will land there and not plow up any asphalt. Wayne

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: trailer

Yeah, I knew that about the chains. Do it on my toy hauler, don't know why it's not habit.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Will,

Too bad about the canvas but a great lookin' trailer and extras! NICE!

Armada

Nice looking trailer Will. You west coasties have nice equipment at the auctions. Not all the rust that we get in the north.
Good idea on the chains, Wayne.

citizensoldier

Re: RE: trailer

Armada said:
Nice looking trailer Will. You west coasties have nice equipment at the auctions. Not all the rust that we get in the north.
Good idea on the chains, Wayne.
Yes they do Armada and some good prices too! If a guy could/would run some of that to us in the middle he could stay busy for a long time.. I think I need a over the road truck and landall trailer! Any investors out there? Last time I checked the truck and trailer could be had reasonable. Its the dam insurance that kills you!! A young trucker I know here pays 9K a year in insurance!!! Its the whole under 30 thing and he has all the licenses..
Sorry for post hyjack..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks